Know Before You Go!
The hotel does not allow outside food or beverage in the event space and/or lobbies. Coolers will need to remain in your vehicle or your overnight room accommodation. The hotel is providing an exclusive to Encore Dance Expo attendees and guests, beverage and lunch concession available on the event floor for easy access to affordable meal and beverage options.
The River Market (Coffee & Café) located in the Loews Hotel lobby will have pre-made salads and sandwiches, coffee, and beverages. There are plenty of food options next door at Texas Live! and in surrounding areas.
Food and drinks may not be taken into ballrooms, only water is permitted.
Please do not leave litter in the ballrooms, place all litter in trash receptacles.
List of area Restaurants in link below.
Restaurants in the Area
- For Encore Dance Expo guests staying at the hotel overnight, available valet parking at the hotel is guaranteed and is $38 per overnight.
- For those Encore Dance Expo guests who are not staying at the hotel overnight, available valet parking at the hotel is on the first come first serve basis and is $28 per day. No In/Out privileges
- Available cash payment surface parking lots in the area will be the more remote lots which will require some walking to the hotel. Map is attached, please refer to the RED LOTS for available surface parking lots. The hotel suggests Sienna, Lot M, $30 a day. A complimentary shuttle is being provided for Encore Dance Expo guests from the Sienna, Lot M only on Saturday from 7:00am – 5:30pm. The complimentary shuttle will be provided on Saturday only. Look for a 24 person Van with a Loews Hotel sign in the window on the dash. The complimentary shuttle will run in a continuous loop on Saturday from Sienna, Lot M to the hotel. Need shuttle phone number
- The next closest surface parking lot to the hotel is Tacoma, Lot R, $30 a day. (no shuttle service will be provided from this lot)
- DO NOT leave your vehicles overnight in the surface parking lots. You will be towed.
***The Hotel is sold out, and as there are multiple sporting events happening the weekend of the EXPO, the parking situation will be extremely tight. If you are not staying overnight at the hotel, we encourage you to carpool if possible. Arrive early to the remote surface lots to allow adequate time to catch and ride the complimentary Loews shuttle from the Sienna Lot, Uber, or allow time for your walk to Loews.
Please refer to map below for suggested “Best Routes”. Game day road closures are also shown
AT&T Stadium – Texas A&M vs Arkansas football game, 11:00am
Globe Life – NY Yankees @ Texas Rangers, 7:05pm
Globe Life – NY Yankees @ Texas Rangers, 2:05pm
Expect Heavy Traffic in the area – in particular 2 hours before and after the game times. Lane closure map below. Best approach to the area is from the East on Saturday rather than the West side of the hotel where AT&T Stadium is located
Wristbands and Venue Map
Each Dancer will need to wear a number and a wristband at all times. All Teachers/Observers/Dancers will need to wear a wristband in order to enter any of the ballrooms.
Tiny Tots: (Sparkle PINK) Stadium Meeting Room C
Minis: (PINK) Stadium Meeting Room A
Juniors: (ORANGE) Arlington Ballroom E
Seniors: (GREEN) Arlington Ballroom D
Teacher Wristbands: (BLUE). You are free to explore each class level with exception of Parent Classes and the AMDA Audition
Observer bands: (RED) are available for pre-purchase or on-site at the Encore Boutique for $50.00. Observer Bands are not required for Parent Classes
Please note the Mini ballroom has been split into two (2) ballrooms, Mini (ages 6-8) and Tiny Tot (ages 5 & under).
Minis will be in Stadium A, Tiny Tots will be next door in Stadium C
1. Do I need a wristband to enter the Convention Class ballrooms? Yes, for the safety of all dancers, a wristband will be required to enter the convention class ballroom. Observer bands (Red bands) can be purchased at the Encore Boutique for $50, and will allow entry to each age convention class.
2. Will there be a Meet and Greet with the Encore Dance Expo Faculty? Yes, there will be a Meet and Greet with Faculty Autographs Saturday (September 28) and Sunday (September 29), 10:30am-11:00am. Dancers are encouraged to bring their complimentary ENCORE DANCE EXPO T-shirt or any other Encore apparel to be signed!
3. What classes/opportunities will AMDA be offering? AMDA will be offering the following opportunities to dancers/parents:
-AMDA College of the Performing Arts will be holding an audition workshop on Saturday, 3:15pm-4:45pm in the Arlington Ballroom D for Intermediate and advanced dancers who are currently in the 8th grade and up. This is a CLOSED Audition. No Teachers or Parents please.
– On Sunday at 2:15pm during the final wrap, AMDA will be awarding High School Conservatory Scholarships as well as College Tuition Scholarships.
-AMDA will have a special Parent Seminar, “The College Path to a Professional Career” for parents of dancers who are interested in continuing their Performing Arts training at the University level. Seminar will be held on Saturday, 10:30am-11:30am in Stadium Meeting Room A. (No wristband is required for parents classes)
4. What additional scholarships or awards will be given at the Final Wrap on Sunday? Encore will be presenting 2020 National Convention Scholarships, our “ENCORE PROTEGE” Scholarships and our “Encore Exceptional Dancer”. The “Encore Exceptional Dancer” award will be given to one dancer in each age group (Tiny Tot, Mini, Junior, Senior), so dancers from all age groups are encouraged to attend the Final Wrap!
5. Will Video-Taping be allowed in the Convention Classes? In order to respect the privacy and safety of each individual dancer, studio and choreographer, there will be no video allowed during classes.