All Entries must be submitted online.
- Registration Fees are available for Studio Directors and Teachers only.
- Existing Studios, please click the “Registration” button below to login to your studio and view our 2019/2020 fees.
- New Studios, please click the “Registration” button below to create your studio account, username, and password.
- Once your studio has a login and password, you will have access to pricing.
Encore’s database is EASY! And SAVES YOU TIME! It will increase your efficiency for years to come!
Encore does NOT accept business OR personal checks.
- All fees must be paid by credit card, E-Check, cashiers check or money order.
All studio registrations must include payment.
All fees are non-refundable.
- Minimum registration of $500 required.
*We do not accept Independents.
Encore will conduct business with Studios only. No parents should call the Encore office for any reason. Any parent inquiries regarding schedules, etc., should be directed to the participating studio, not Encore.
Schedule of Competition
A time schedule will be available on the Encore’s website site 7 days prior to the first day of competition. Encore does not have a general format for scheduling at our regional competition. Every regional schedule is based on the breakdown of entries by division level and type (solo, duo/trio, groups, line and productions) for that particular city. Dancers must be ready to perform 1½ hours before their scheduled time.
Changes to Schedule
Schedule will be closed 14 days prior to the first day of competition. No changes to your registration portal can be made including division level, age, or category.
Once the schedule is released/posted, no studio, teacher or parent may request a performance to be rescheduled. Encore Showcase does not hold or move an entry unless it is a legitimate costume change problem.
Please note: if you have a special scheduling request for a particular entry, the request must be in writing at the time the entry is submitted. We will do our best to accommodate special requests but this is not guaranteed.
“Special Scheduling Request” entries that do not perform before the respective awards ceremony will be adjudicated only and will not be eligible for High Score Awards and Cash.
Safety is always our main concern.
- If the stage is “littered” during a routine please be prepared to clean it up immediately after the routine is finished.
- Fire, swords, knives, and guns are strictly prohibited
- To ensure safety for our dancers and the dance surface no form of liquid, glitter, gel, aerosol, powder, wet paint, etc. may be used.
- The use of helium balloons will be at the discretion of the theater staff, not the Encore Staff. If the theater staff allows the use of helium balloons, they must be attached to a weight to ensure they will not float into the lights, causing a possible fire hazard.
If your prop is in question please contact the Encore office at least 2 weeks prior to competition.
For the positive benefit of your dancers, the teacher determines adjudication level of each routine. Training equals all class and rehearsal time. We trust teachers judgment and appreciate your honesty in placing your dancers in the appropriate Division level. Division levels have been created to allow dancers to fairly compete with dancers of like skill sets and experience.
Technical Specifics and Guidelines
I – Beginner Dancers – Recreational/Beginner level dancers with 3 hours or less of training per week and little to no competition experience.
II – Intermediate Dancers – Dancers who have progressed beyond a Beginner level with approximately 4-7 hours of training per week. Dancers in Division 2 typically have some competition experience.
III – Advanced Dancers – All advanced technique allowed, 8 or more hours of training per week.
IV – Teacher/Pro/Am – A “professional” derives 50% of their income from teaching, performing and/or choreography. Any teachers must compete in Div. 4. (Div 4 not eligible for High Score Cash Award)
Dance without Boundaries– Adaptive and inclusive division for diversely enabled dancers. This division competes for adjudication only.
*Routines entered in “Incorrect” Divisions are NOT eligible for High Score and will be moved to the Division Level that the judges feel is appropriate for the dancer/routine.
|Type||Time Limit||Max # of Dancers|
|Line||4:00 max||19+ dancers|
|Production||8:00 max||19+ dancers|
*Soloists must compete all solos in the same Division Level
*Duo/Trios must compete all D/T in the same Division Level
20 Point Deduction For Exceeding The Time Limit
A routine can be lengthened upon payment of Extended time fees, which are as follows:
- Solo – $20 for up to an additional 30 seconds
- Duo/Trio – $15 per person for up to an additional 30 seconds
- Small Group – $5 per person for up to an additional one (1) minute
- Large Group – $5 per person for up to an additional one (1) minute
- Line/Production – $5 per person for up to an additional one (1) minute
All time limits include set-up and tear down.
PROPS: The placement of props, mats, etc., must be completed within one (1) minute. The timing of the act will begin after the one (1) minute prep time. No form of liquid, gel, glitter, water, wet paint or any other substance may be used that would affect the dancing surface. Absolutely no items may be thrown or shot off the front of the stage. Performers must be prepared to completely clear the stage in the event of any loose items (feathers, streamers, etc.) Absolutely no littering of the stage is allowed. Any violation of the above rules will result in the act not being eligible for the High Score.
No Changes (Division, Age or Group) will be allowed after Monday the week of the competition.
As of January 1 of the competition year.
|6 &Under||7 – 8||9 – 12||13 – 15||16 – 19||20 & Over
(not eligible for High Score or Cash Awards)
- Technique: 50%
- Performance: 40%
- Choreography: 10%
- Acrobatic -Routine consisting of dance choreography along with controlled moves such as headstands, walk-overs, tensicas, and contortion work.
- Ballet / Pointe – Ballet or Pointe techniques. Ballet or Pointe shoes only.
- Ballroom – Variety of social dances performed by couples.
- Character – Easily recognized character is portrayed. May incorporate any style of dance technique.
- Clogging – Clogging techniques. Clogging shoes only.
- Contemporary – Contemporary dance style choreography.
- Dance Team – Precision choreography that also incorporates dance techniques.
- Hip Hop / Funk – Street style of jazz that incorporates contemporary and fad dance trends.
- Jazz – Primarily jazz techniques, utilizing up-tempo music.
- Lyrical – Combination of jazz, modern and ballet techniques.
- Modern – Modern dance style choreography
- Musical Theatre – “Broadway” or movie musical style of dance and/or song.
- Open – Will not fall under any other dance category. A combination or blend of multiple dance styles. Routines containing more than three acrobatic passes should perform in the Open Category.
- Pom Pom / Cheer / Dance Team – Pom poms and pom pom techniques.
- Tap – Tap techniques.
Miss and Mr Encore: Title awards entries will be judged during their regular solo performance, but will also be entered into a separate award category. Only 3 solos per person can be entered for Miss/Mr. Encore. Title awards will be given in the Mini, Petite, Junior, Teen, and Senior age divisions. Click here to view more about our title awards.
Photogenic: Photogenic payments and photo submissions may be pre-registered or can be registered on-site. All Photogenic entries must provide a hard-copy, non-returnable photo, at the competition. One picture per photogenic entry (5″x7″ minimum). Dancers may submit up to 3 photos per regional city. Photogenic awards will be given in the Mini, Petite, Junior, Teen, and Senior age divisions. Photos will not be returned. Click here for Regional Photogenic Entry form.
Encore will be using an electronic music file upload system for all routine entries. Studios will upload all of their music in advance through the Encore Registration Portal .
- Music uploads will be closed 10 days prior to the first day of competition. Encore will not accept or replace the music after the music upload portal is closed. Encore will only accept a back-up media source (USB, CD, iPod) on-site if there are technical difficulties.
- Pitch level and speed of music cannot be controlled at the event. Please be sure to upload the correct version for your dancers performance.
- Each studio is REQUIRED to bring a back-up CD, iPod or USB for all routines that have been registered. Back-up media can be submitted to the Encore M.C. if technical difficulties do occur.
Adjudication, Awards & Scholarships
Gold, High Gold, Ultra High Gold, Platinum. Digital video judge’s commentary. Additionally, a separate “Teachers Only Video” commentary for Dance Professionals ears only.
VIDEO COMMENTARY Separate judges critique for each routine. Judges critiques must be picked up at the end of the event – items will not be mailed.
Encore Dollars have no cash value. Encore dollars may be used for Encore Registration Fees at our National Finals Competition within the same calendar year in which the Encore dollars were received. Encore Dollars may be applied as a credit on National Registration fees only for the routine which received the award. Adult groups 20 years and over will be adjudicated only and are not eligible for any High Score Awards or Encore Dollars. Soloists cannot place more than once in Overall High Point awards. A minimum number of 10 routines per Type/Division Level/Age Group (Mini, Petite, Jr, Teen, Sr) must be entered for Encore Dollars to be awarded in Solo, Duo/Trio & Small Groups. Five Routine minimum for Encore Dollars in Large Group/Line. Three Routine minimum for Encore Dollars in Production. The following awards are presented in Mini, Petite, Junior, Teen and Senior in Division I, II & III:
- Solo – 1st – 10th place awarded. 1st place wins $25 Encore dollars
- Duo / Trio – 1st – 10th place awarded. 1st place wins $50 Encore dollars
- Small Group – 1st – 10th place awarded. 1st place wins $100 Encore dollars
- Large Group – 1st – 5th place awarded. 1st place wins $125 Encore dollars
- Line / Production – 1st – 3rd place awarded. 1st place wins $150 Encore dollars
Scholarships awarded in all cities.
Re-Performance – Under no circumstances will any dancer be allowed to re-perform any number unless the number has been interrupted by a technical problem on the part of Encore, an electrical failure or any extenuating circumstance on the part of Encore solely, that heretofore is unforeseen. Conditions of a stage are not the responsibility of Encore and will not be considered in the re-performance of a number.
Cancellation/Extension of Showcase – Encore reserves the right to cancel or extend any showcase in accordance with the response of the number of showcase entries. Studios will be notified within three days if the showcase is to be extended. In case of cancellation, all registration fees will be promptly refunded.
Publicity – Choreographers, teachers and performers automatically grant permission to Encore to use their photos and videos for advertising and publicity purposes, inclusive of television, videotaping or film broadcast in connection with promotion campaigns.
NO CAMERAS OF ANY TYPE ALLOWED DURING PERFORMANCE.
ALL ROUTINES MUST BE APPROPRIATE FOR FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT.